The most basic definition of any security system is found in its name. It is literally a means or method by which something is secured through a system of interworking components and devices.
In this instance, we’re talking about home security systems, which are networks of integrated electronic devices working together with a central control panel to protect against burglars and other potential home intruders.
A typical home security system includes:
- A control panel, which is the primary controller of a home’s security system
- Door and window sensors
- Motion sensors, both interior and exterior
- Wired or wireless security cameras
- A high-decibel siren or alarm
- A yard sign and window stickers